While trying to build the 1.7 package I got a build failed error, this looked
to be connected to the Solr Stats and once I commented out the following code
from the pom.xml the build completed successfully.

<!--
           Builds DSpace Solr Stats for DSpace
        -->
        <!-- <profile>
            <id>dspace-stats</id>
            <activation>
                <file>
                    <exists>../dspace-stats/pom.xml</exists>
                </file>
            </activation>
            <modules>
                <module>../dspace-stats</module>
            </modules>
        </profile>
        -->
        <!--
            Builds DSpace discovery for DSpace
        -->

I unpackaged the  dspace-1.7.0-src-release.tar.gz and ran the mvn -U clean
package in the {dspace-soure]/dspace/ directory, I am using maven 2.2.1, has
anyone else had any problems with this.

Cheers
Iola