Hi Susan,

I've seen a demo of the Wind Music site, which has implemented the feature
you are talking about.
An example entry would be:
http://www.windmusic.org/dspace/handle/68502/97349?45735available

I believe the person who developed these features was Christophe Dupriez.

---
As far as the idea of having an easy feedback system for suggesting
improvements to DSpace... I'm not sure how best to tackle that one. We have
the user-voice portal on demo.dspace.org, so that people can report bugs,
and other feedback of the demo site. That gets some use, but not a wide
source of feedback, and I'm not sure we're wanting to use it for that. Jira
tickets sometimes work, but they will often get dismissed if its just a
feature request with no implementer and no patches. I'm not sure how much
activity there is on the DSpace facebook page, or Google+ circle for DSpace.
In any case, the mailing list more or less works fine for this. Bram had an
idea for "tagging" mailing list posts with things like feature request,
statistics, xmlui, DSpace 1.7, so there could be a knowledge base for
finding what other people have submitted, but that would take work to build
as well.

However, there "could" be a way for people to pool effort to work on common
needs. For instance, at Ohio State, I'm working on a usage statistics
project with team members here. I could be more vocal and chatty with other
developers to say, I need a better way to detect and remove robots. Another
group, such as @mire, might say, we've got a good way to present statistical
data and make reports. Another group has figured out how to search in SOLR
for having a wildcard at the start of a query. Another group is saying we
need to anonymize our statistical logs, since its against the law in their
country to store visitors IP addresses.

Peter Dietz