All,

On 7/14/2011 12:13 PM, Peter Dietz wrote:
> As far as the idea of having an easy feedback system for suggesting
> improvements to DSpace... I'm not sure how best to tackle that one. We
> have the user-voice portal on demo.dspace.org <http://demo.dspace.org>,
> so that people can report bugs, and other feedback of the demo site.
> That gets some use, but not a wide source of feedback, and I'm not sure
> we're wanting to use it for that. Jira tickets sometimes work, but they
> will often get dismissed if its just a feature request with no
> implementer and no patches.

Just a quick point to add.

JIRA is often the best place to add new feature requests. The reason is
that our DSpace Community Advisory Team (DCAT) also reviews all Feature
Requests which are entered into JIRA.  So, I'd recommend that as the
place to enter in new feature requests.  Obviously, if they are just
very "early ideas" it can also help to first discuss them on the lists
before putting a feature request in JIRA.

More information on DCAT & their Feature Request review processes:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/cmtygp/DSpace+Community+Advisory+Team

- Tim