DSpace Group -

I'm once again attempting to see whether representatives from other
institutions/organizations have had this particular behavioral difficulty
with their implementations of dspace.

The issue is that of having search results returned in ascending (least
relevant first) order rather than descending (most relevant first).
As a side note, it also seems that even though ascending results are
returned, the interface displays "descending" as the label for default
results being displayed.

This is, I believe, an issue that only happens through the discovery
interface.

I've narrowed down as many possibilities of potential influences on this
behavior as possible to locate the origin of the problem and identify a
solution but have not been able to resolve it. It is possible that there is
some configuration directive that I'm not familiar with that's telling
dspace to behave this way, be even if that were the case, the results are
still being mislabeled (though this could be a usability issue, but I don't
feel that it is).

I've created a Jira for the issue<https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1071>.
If you have any tips, hints, suggestions, or experience in general that
might help shed light on this issue, please contact me through the list,
off-list email, or through the Jira issue comment system.

Many Thanks,

 - Patrick E.

--
Patrick K. Etienne