From: helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk>
To: Fabiana Zollo <picc...@hotmail.it>
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:12:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dspace/app/launch er/ScriptLauncher
Hi Fabiana,
the problem is you haven't installed DSpace yet. You only downloaded
and unpacked it.

I got the suspicion when I saw the name of your directory -
dspace-1.8.0-src-release. This is what we call [dspace-src] in
documentation, not [dspace]. To verify that I'm right I ran the
script in the installation directory and got the same result as you did.

Please read the DSpace documentation where things like [dspace-src]
and [dspace] are explained and follow the detailed installation
instructions.
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/DSpace+1.8+Documentation

Regards,
~~helix84