On dt 17 abr 2012 10:24:19 CEST, Robert Ruiz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're using DSpace 1.7.1 with XMLUI.
>
> We're harvesting some collections via OAI-PMH protocol, making weekly
> harvest. Besides, we also have our own content that are not harvest, and
> are loaded by ourselves. In addition, some institutions we collect some
> content to us. So, we're consumers and source at the same time.
>
> My question is, is there any way to serve via OAI-PMH protocol only the
> collections that are loaded by ourselves (not our harvested collections)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Robert Ruiz

Hi Robert,

I think we are in the same situation ;-)

I don't think there's any way to serve only non-harvested items from
DSpace. The approach I was taking to solve this problem was to create a
filter in the OAIExtended Addon. This filter builds a set from the
items in a certain community, but excluding the ones in harvested
collections.

In the end it turned out not to be as simple as I thought. Now I'm
stuck trying to make it work properly.

If you can think of a better way to solve this, please let me know.

Cheers,
Àlex