On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Brown, Simon Contractor, Digital
Consulting Services <scbr...@nps.edu> wrote:
> Have you successfully used the 'content searching' part of the API?  Didn’t
> work for me -- very basic queries would fail to return any results.  It also
> lacks any specificity -- how do you do an advanced query with the API?  Can
> you search by author and then limit to a certain publication year??? Probably
> not, but I can do that with screen scraping.  I would love it if the API
> could do a /search?author=Simon+Brown&pubyear=2012 but I don't think it does
> that?

I haven't tested this aspect of the REST API, so I really don't know.
The documentation is also very silent on this point [1] - doesn't say
anything on what query parameter should look like.

However, Solr should be perfect for your purpose. Any query you can
express in Discovery you can ask Solr directly.

You may be also interested in these developments: [2] [3]
[2] Doesn't have the code published yet, but it's coming. It would be
very helpful if you could review and comment on [3].

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/REST+API#RESTAPI-Contentsearching
[2] https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1217
[3] https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1224

Regards,