Aha, thanks for the link to that ticket, it inspired me to look at the
xmlui sitemap, and sure enough, I was using the wrong URL:

<map:match pattern="open-search/**">

Ourstagingsitedomain.edu/xmlui/open-search is all the magic that is
required.

That 'dash' in there is kinda important. :o)

--
HARDY POTTINGER <pottinge...@umsystem.edu>
University of Missouri Library Systems