Hi Helix84,
        Would be happy to do this as we are currently developing the
infrastructure and nothing as yet is set in stone.
        I have a plan of how I want things to work and a good idea of how this
can be achieved but this will be an ongoing process that we will learn from.
        We currently run our Dspace installations on Solaris but will be
deploying the next release on Ubuntu 11.10 running on VMWare servers. One
"live" and one "staging" server with a "build" server that will pull from
GitHub periodically and be our build/test system.
        The live server will run Apache fronting a number of Tomcat servers to
load balance and fail over with replication of the assetstore and Postgres
database to the staging server to provide another level of "manual" fail over,
though I would like this to be as seemless as possible given the constraints of
DNS.
        All this work is ongoing and I am documenting as we go (in a very tight
time frame) so it will be some time before this work is done.

Regards,
        Ben

Dr Ben Ryan
Jorum Technical Manager