On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM, emilio lorenzo <elore...@arvo.es> wrote:
> I think the best aproach to figure out the tool characteristics (apart the
> important notes from Maureen Walsh presentation and helix comments) is going
> through a complete process of export-edit-import items.

Yes, that's a great suggestion.

> Just take a collection with a couple of items with most of the metadata
> fields filled,  and export them to a CSV file. Download it, and open it with
> excel or openoffice.

I recommend OpenOffice or LibreOffice Calc over Excel, because in
recent versions of Excel you can't just open a CSV file, you have to
do it via "Data" tab, then "Import as text"; and when saving select
"Save as" and choose the CSV format explicitly.

Regards,
~~helix84