Hi All,

My apologies for not getting back you sooner—I've been out of town.

I don't know if working on a 3.0 version is the approach we will want to take.
I doubt we will be in a position to move to 3.0 until next fiscal year (school
year) at the earliest. Maybe not, but I'd rather be conservative. We're not
ready now.

Nevertheless, I would be very surprised if most, if not all, of a solution for
1.x couldn't be easily ported to 3.x. I have not had a chance to thoroughly dig
into the 3.0 codebase, but I would guess the changes are not that radical. But
if it turns out 3.0 is so entirely different from 1.x, then we are even less
likely to move to it in the short term.

Long story short: I am only interested in a solution that will work for 1.x.

As far as I am concerned, the current tools available for displaying stats work
fine: Atmire stats, Elastic Search etc. The piece that needs improvement is
accurate stats recording. It would seem that is where we should focus our
efforts. The crucial ingredient to Edinburgh's GA stats system is forcing
outside, direct links to open the item page, rather than hitting the PDF
directly (otherwise the download isn't counted). I doubt that would be
different in 3.0.

Bill