On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM, George S Kozak <g...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> I am using DSpace 1.82.  We are currently using the JSPUI, but I am working
> on migrating to the XMLUI interface (modified Mirage theme).
>
> I have a collection in which all of the bitstreams are restricted, but the
> metadata can be viewed by anonymous users.
>
> I can view the collection homepage fine in JSPUI, but in XMLUI, I see “This
> collection is restricted” and a request to login before I can view the
> collection homepage.
>
> Is this how the XMLUI interface handles collections with restricted items or
> do I have something set up wrong?
>
> If this is how it works, can someone tell me where I can go in and modify
> things to work as they do in the JSPUI?

Hi George,

interesting, I didn't know collections can be made private, but it
seems they can now (judging from the message).

Try logging in as admin and going here to see if the collection shows up:

http://example.com/admin/private

I'd expect only items to show up, but who knows.

Second thing you can check is to go to the collection and click on
"Authorizations" in the sidebar. It should look like this for a normal
collection:

        ID      Action  Group
71      READ    Anonymous [Edit]
72      DEFAULT_ITEM_READ       Anonymous [Edit]
73      DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ  Anonymous [Edit]

Regards,
~~helix84