Hi Elvi,

I successfully modified the controlled vocabulary splitter, thanks to your
insights I could not do the work around without it. Here are my thoughts
regarding the issue:

1. I completely agree with you that the 'subject code autocomplete' from
dspace.cfg is different from the controlled vocabularies populated by
"Subject Categories" link (as per your experience).
2. Upon inspecting the codes of Kevin, the developer of this feature, I
noticed a single instance that the delimiter "::" appeared. It is on
[dspace-src]/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/vocabulary/ControlledVocabulary.java.
I simply edited the file. But since I am now developing my template in
[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/xmlui/src/, no matter how many times I rebuild
DSpace, the effect won't be applied. So I tried copying
ControlledVocabulary.java file to
[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/src/main/java/org/dspace/vocabulary/. Rebuild
my DSpace and restart Tomcat and it worked like a charm.
3. BTW, I can't have the autocomplete feature work but since my original
objective is to modify the splitter from the vocabulary entries generated
by the "Subject Categories' link, I'm fine with it.

Thanks again. I am almost done hard testing our DSpace. Just fine tuning
some stuff and fixing minor bugs.

Best regards,
Brian

--