On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 03:34:51PM +0200, helix84 wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> a) You can disable registration in XMLUI completly by setting
> "xmlui.user.registration=true" in [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg.
>
> b) You could also restrict users from which domains are able to
> register by setting "domain.valid = example.com" in
> [dspace]/config/modules/authentication-password.cfg
>
> c) The initial administrator account is not special in any way. You
> can use any LDAP account (or multiple accounts) instead and put it
> into the Administrators group. Then you can disable
> PasswordAuthentication completely if you don't need it for other
> accounts.

  Just a quick follow-up, I've gotten the last strategy pretty
much working now, thanks!

  There is a remaining issue, not related to password complexity --
profiles are not being imported correctly from the LDAP.  I suspect
this is a permissions problem in my LDAP, but I'm not sure yet.

                                -- A.
--
Dr. Andrew C. E. Reid
Physical Scientist, Computer Operations Administrator