Hi Kiriaki,
The dspace.cfg has set the mail.charset = UTF-8 parameter. If I specify the
charset:<UTF-8> property in the email template, I obtain the following error:

java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: <UTF-8>
               at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.forOutputStreamWriter(StreamEncoder.java:61)
               at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(OutputStreamWriter.java:100)
               at com.sun.mail.handlers.text_plain.writeTo(text_plain.java:130)
               at
javax.activation.ObjectDataContentHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:884)
               at javax.activation.DataHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:317)
               at
javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.writeTo(MimeBodyPart.java:1350)
               at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.writeTo(MimeMessage.java:1683)
               at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:585)
               at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
               at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
               at org.dspace.core.Email.send(Email.java:359)
               at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendEmail(AccountManager.java:262)
               at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendInfo(AccountManager.java:222)
               at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendForgotPasswordInfo(AccountManager.java:87)
               at
               at

Ing. Oscar Sánchez G., MAE
Profesional en TI