On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Schuster, David <dschus...@mail.twu.edu> wrote:
> Question regarding this, so due to the bug in the OAI there isn’t a way to
> make it work on 3.2 other than code editing?
>
> I believe I am having the same problem as noted, so I need to wait until I
> can upgrade to 4.0 to make OAI harvesting work no matter if I use Solr or
> Database?

Hi David,

information about this bug is scarce. AFAIK, Joao was able to
reproduce and fix it, but the fix is probably in the newer version of
his xoai library which DSpace 4.0 depends on (xoai 3.0.0). And I don't
remember seeing details under which conditions this is happening. You
could try if bumping xoai version in DSpace 3.2 helps fix the problem
(I'm not sure about whether code in DSpace needs to be fixed as well,
but it's worth a shot). Also try whether you still have the problem in
DSpace 4.

Neither do I know whether this happens with the database backend as
well. It's easier for you to try it out than for me.

Regards,
~~helix84