Hi Francis,

It looks like your "local.properties" file is incorrect. The very first
property in that file should be named "dspace.install.dir".  But, yours
says "dspace.dir".

So, your "local.properties" file needs to  have the same settings as the
default "build.properties":

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/build.properties#L25

This is exactly why you are seeing this line in the final dspace.cfg:

dspace.dir = ${dspace.install.dir}

Essentially that line doesn't get filled out cause there is no value for
"dspace.install.dir" in your local.properties file.

I hope that helps.

- Tim