I want just confirm that this improvement is enabled out-of-box in dspace 4.
The enabling code is here:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-4.0/dspace/solr/search/conf/schema.xml#L241
mainly a matter of solr schema configuration.

After the update you must reindex your content, as you have already done
that the only other thing that can get result worst can be the
URIEncoding on the tomcat connector.
Please note that on the dspace demo server it works correctly
http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/simple-search?query=Sanchez
http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/simple-search?query=S%C3%A1nchez

Andrea

Il 16/01/2014 23.54, Brian Freels-Stendel ha scritto:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Maybe taking a step backward, do you have an AJP connector set up in Tomcat's
> server.xml?  If so, does it also have URIEncoding="UTF-8"?  I don't remember
> if that point has been addressed....
>
> B--

Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria
Divisione Ricerca

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it