Hi Sebastien and Trevor,

Maybe I've misunderstood things. It might help to take a step back. What
is the setup you are trying to achieve in the DSpace submission steps?
In other words, what is your use case here?

As you mentioned, it's very possible the "Initial Question" step doesn't
meet your use case. If so, it might be good to clarify how you want the
submission forms to act, e.g.

Are you trying to set "dc.date.issued" to today's date at all times?
What is the reason why you'd rather your submitters not be required to
specify the "dc.date.issued" themselves (which is the default setting in
DSpace 4.x)?

It's harder for us to debug this issue without a better understanding of
what it is you are trying to achieve. It sounds like I had wrongly
assumed you just wanted the same setup as in DSpace 3 (which is why I
recommended just re-enabling "Initial Questions").

- Tim