From: Terry Brady <terry.br...@georgetown.edu>
Sent: Thursday, 4 December 2014 6:12 a.m.
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Inconsistent text_lang on metadatavalue fields

I am still looking for insight on this question.  I have posted this question
to Stack Overflow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27277594/dspace-how-does-text-lang-get-set-during-item-submission

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

Terry

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Terry Brady
<terry.br...@georgetown.edu<mailto:terry.br...@georgetown.edu>> wrote:
Over time, we have noticed that the text_lang column of the metadatavalues
table has become inconsistent.

We have entries with each of the following values for data entered in english.

  *   en_US
  *   en
  *   blank
  *   null

These inconsistencies become problematic when we perform batch metadata edits.

I am working on an effort to normalize these values.

As a test, I created a new submission and populated a value into every field on
the item submission screen.  When the submission was completed, I ended up with
the following results.

  *   Most entries had a lang of "en"
  *   dc.date.* entries had a null value
     *   This applied to user-generated and system-generated dates
  *   most dc.identifer.uri entries had a null value
     *   dc.identifier.bibliographicCitation was set to "en"
  *   dc.relation.ispartofseries had a null value
     *   dc.relation.uri was set to "en"

Is there a property in one of the item submission workflows that controls how
the text_lang column is set?

--
Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst