Hello,

Fernando: Your video is fine, the download occurs as DSpace is Information
retrieval system and that is expected behavior. However, if you want your
users to play the video online, then there are few requirements that are
server side related and have nothing to do with DSpace:
1. Make sure you are serving video files properly (Extension name,
Mime-type etc..)
2. You server must respond with Status 206 for partial content. In
addition, it must include Range header field
3. If you want progressive download or pseudo streaming, If-Range header
field must also be included.
If you have DSpace with Tomcat only, you probably have to do this yourself
as Tomcat is not a web server but servlet container and it will respond
only with Status 200 OK (Only download the file). In Apache this is enabled
by default. If you have Tomcat with Apache via proxy, in theory this should
also work by default.

After that its straight forward. Create video element like Bruno said or
use some ready-made video player like JW, MediaElements etc..

If you want to skip seconds or create offsets from where your video to
start playing, make sure you include preload="metadata" in video element.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7233

Hope this helps,

Aleksandar Stojanov