Hi Peter,

Yes, tomcat is running and I'm monitoring tomcat's log for any errors but
none so far. I tried to enable Elastic Search, following your advice to
visit an item such that a usage event would be triggered (I did not attempt
to import logs to elasticsearch). Looking at my dspace logs, I only saw one
error:

2015-04-09 09:13:28,729 ERROR org.dspace.statistics.ElasticSearchLogger @
getCli
ent reports null client
2015-04-09 09:13:30,205 INFO  org.dspace.statistics.ElasticSearchLogger @
Create
 a nodeClient, allows transport clients to connect
2015-04-09 09:13:31,235 INFO  org.elasticsearch.node @ [Fang]
version[1.4.0], pi
d[4616], build[bc94bd8/2014-11-05T14:26:12Z]
2015-04-09 09:13:31,235 INFO  org.elasticsearch.node @ [Fang] initializing
2015-04-09 09:13:31,276 INFO  org.elasticsearch.plugins @ [Fang] loaded [],
site
s [] <-- My dspace logs just stopped here, unless I restart Tomcat or run
any dspace commands

It seems that the elasticsearch.node is just initializing forever, and
nothing is loaded in my browser when I visit any pages.

Anything that I missed? I did try running an elasticsearch server from
another machine and point the IP in my elastic-search-statistics.cfg to that
machine, but the results of my dspace log is the same and nothing is loaded
in my browser. I would like to try to make elasticsearch work first, without
setting up an external elastic search server. I wonder if this is a windows
issue and would like to ask from the list if any windows users have
successfully enabled their elastic search.

Thanks in advance and regards,
euler