Bob McCormick W1QA wrote:

> I would strongly suggest against a design where you
> have co-channel systems that could have a mobile user
> (say the typical IC-2820) that would be in-between sites.

It has already been proven that Icom's repeater implementation REPEATS
even when not addressed by RPT1 field, if it hears ANYTHING digital.

Co-Channeling D-STAR repeaters is by far the absolute worst design
strategy ever.

In-between users will bring up both repeaters (you can't stop it), and
the repeaters will double.

Very bad idea.  Much pain lies down that path if there is ANY
overlapping coverage in-between.

Nate WY0X