I am using the ID800 and trying to set it up for DATA Transmission.
I have the Icom Cable and using an MFJ USB to Serial adapter. The MFJ
cable does work because I can use it for my ID91AD programming. The
software I am using is D-Chat and have tried dRATS. The software does
see the computer but I cannot key the radio. I set up the DV-pt to
DV-at and set up the proper speed to 9600. I have checked and
rechecked the settings. I also cleared the radio and reset everything.
I have also made sure to set the radio to DV and using a simplex
frequency. I also tried this on a D-Star repeater. Still not keying
the radio. The only thing I could think of is , do I need to have a
null connector in the serial connector. Asking here before I go out
and purchase one. Thanks in advance.

Rick / WA6ES