Crud, someone else mentioned it, but I forgot to put it on the
checklist:

BUSY indication MUST be extinguished on a quiet channel.  (Squelch and/
or Attenuator-Squelch mode as needed to get it to stay off when no
other stations are transmitting on-frequency, or the rig will refuse
to transmit data in Auto transmit mode.)

Nate WY0X

--
Nate Duehr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]