Same here, I do not care much about:
"Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third."

It does not matter.

I will release the whole OPEN SOURCE code of my 3 server programs
at http://dstardextra.sourceforge.net/

My 3 server programs that make up the "ICOM compatible"
G2 Gateway will be:

1)
dstar_gwy_srv on UDP port 40000 to talk to remote ICOM gateways
due to dstar routing.

2)
dstar_accept_ip_updates to accept update packets from the
ICOM TRUST server dsipsvd on TCP port 20005

3)
dstar_send2trust  that will be sending updates to the ICOM
TRUST server when it is neccessaru to do so.

I have already created an "ICOM compatible"
dstar Postgres database that provides the same functionality
as the ICOM's dstar database and it is using the
same Postgres server software which is also OPEN SOURCE.

It will work with any repeater device: GMSK modems, adapters,
and whatever they use to receive dstar over local RF.

In other words, I have completely replaced the
ICOM's dsipsvd and dsgwd closed source code with
OPEN SOURCE that can run on any Linux with no
ICOM hardware for people that can not spend money to
buy ICOM dstar hardware.

The only thing will be, that since it is 100% OPEN SOURCE,
it will be linking to dstar reflectors thru
dextra_srv since dextra_srv is also OPEN SOURCE
but dplus is closed source.

dextra_srv(linking with dstar reflectors) and
dextra_reflect(creating/running dstar reflectors)
is also OPEN SOURCE at http://dstardextra.sourceforge.net/

I can not use anything that is closed source or binary.

Now, I am converting all the 3 programs to run as a Linux
service, so when the computer boots, the Gateway starts
automatically.

Scott/KI4LKF