Scott wrote:

> It is dstarusers.eu ands it is an ICOM TRUST server
> as the k5tit trust.
>
> I talk from my dstar repeater to the other dstar repeaters
> in that TRUST.
(snip)
> We will set up one in Canada and one in the US.

So who is the group that runs dstusers.eu?

And who is "we"?

A lot of your posts are quite nebulous ...
but if one were interested in these efforts
you are providing little details to support it.

dstarusers.eu = 89.238.76.109

That address is swip'ed at RIPE to Manitu in St Wendel, Germany.
It has no rDNS entry.

It answers to HTTP requests with a default Apache page.
I guess if I didn't have content to serve up ...
I would probably either put a landing page there or
disable http ...

How many repeaters are on the dstarusers.eu trust server?
Where are they?

How does one get registered to use a repeater that has
joined with that trust server?

When you say "we will set one up in Canada and one in the US" ...
does "one" mean a stand-alone ICOM TRUST server at each location?
(If so - that would mean you would have three separate
TRUST server implementations, DL, VE and W?)

FWIW: when I first got the gateway v1 software I took the
time to actually try a trust server setup as I had a
repeater controller and 70cm band module on the bench.

We had some local discussions as to whether we wanted to
run our own, local multi-site D-STAR system ... which
would require a stand-alone trust server - or - be a part
of a larger trust server realm.

> There is no clashing at all.
> The TRUST servers are separate. !!!!

We decided to be part of the "larger" network ...
for all the reasons that other respondents have
mentioned on this list.

Although I can acknowledge that there may be some situations
where a group may want to have their own trust server and
private network ... I would put my money on the majority
of both D-STAR users and repeater owners/trustees would
lean towards an architecture where all systems can
interoperate.

Bob W1QA HS0ZIF VR2/W1QA