On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:25:26AM -0400, Bob McCormick W1QA wrote:
> Although I can acknowledge that there may be some situations where a group
> may want to have their own trust server and private network ... I would
> put my money on the majority of both D-STAR users and repeater
> owners/trustees would lean towards an architecture where all systems can
> interoperate.

Agreed. Anyone who joins his system to a network that's not the main D-Star
network, with the trust server specified as the one run by the K5TIT crew,
without a very good reason for doing so (such as testing beta software for
interoperability before unleashing it on the production network), is doing
his users a massive disservice and harming the ultimate adoption of D-Star.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC at K6ZC port B    http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.k6zc.org                  http://www.tronguy.net