From: "dlake02" <dl...@cisco.com>
To: <dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 5:23 AM
Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: First home-made dstar G2 gateway went live
today.

Scott

Do not twist my words please.

I didn't say that a Trust Server didn't work.

What I said was that whilst Icom have designed the G2 Trust Server to be
able to be run as a devolved system, that piece of code doesn't work.
You cannot build the Icom system as a cascade of units.

IF the Icom software was able to be run as several replicating units
across the world, we wouldn't be having this conversation !

Now, to make it clear.

No users registered to the German Trust Server will be able to G2 route
to users registered to the World-Wide system run by K5TIT or vice-versa.

Users that wish to use both systems will need to register to both
independently.

That is a severely retrograde step in the world of D-Star, especially at
a time when Icom themselves have spent time and money fixing the issue
of the isolation of the Japanese D-Star network.

David