Hi Jochen

First, you sent me an email asking if I would like to test my software on your
system several weeks ago - I apologise that I have been so busy, that I haven't
gotten round to it yet !

Second.  I have some questions about your X-Trust system:

1) Each user requires a unique /28 IP address, with the subnet zero address
being used as the first registration point.  In order for one station to
contact another, they essentially use source-routing between the two /28 IP
addresses.  Is your system designed to generate unique 10.X.X.X/28 IP addresses
across both your and any connected Trust Servers ?    For example, if I
register on your system, will it check that the /28 subnet is unique on both
your system and the K5TIT system before allocating it ?

2) The Icom system uses a system of snapshot updates.   In other words, the
full database should only be sent once when the Zone RP registers.  After that,
only updates are sent to each Zone RP.  That keeps the network bandwidth down.
In the G2 Test network, this is exactly what I see - stations moving repeaters
are synchronised within seconds.   Unfortunately, I suspect due to the sheer
size of the database, the Live G2 system does not do this, and sends full
databases every few hours.  The database tables are getting very big - the SQL
processing time can be longer than the time between updates.  On your system,
do you send full databases or snapshot updates ?

3) The Icom G2 software is able to identify that an IP address has changed - in
the UK, it is quite normal for the public, routable IP address of an ADSL line
to change many times a day, usually as the service policy changes (for example,
there are packages that offer higher throughputs during the night than at busy
times).  My own public IP changes around 6 times a day.  Can you software cope
with this ?

4) I am glad that you are in discussions with the K5TIT team - having witnessed
first-hand the sheer annoyance of being within range of a D-Star repeater on a
different G2 network, I would hate to see isolated, disconnected pockets of
coverage.

73  David - G4ULF