Hi Alex,

Am Dienstag, 19. August 2008 schrieb Alexander Winizki:
> Hi,
>
> if I try to open a file containing non-ASCII characters in its name, for
> instance German Umlauts or eszet, DVBCUT says the file was not found.
> Opening any other file works correctly.
> A Bug?

That was a bug, but it has been fixed (as Michael already mentioned) in one of
the SVN revisions from end of last  year... I'm using Suse 10.3 with
reading/writing from/to vfat&ext2 partitions and it still works!

If you don't want to compile by yourself you can use one of my binaries from
http://dvbcut.kicks-ass.net

bye,
Ralph

BTW: In case you don't know... for converting the exported video you can pipe
directly to any application reading from stdin by specifing:
"| application-with-options-and-placeholders"
instead of an output file name. Alternatively, you can also put this line into
the configuration file ~/.qt/dvbcut.sf.net and then choose it from the
export-format menu, e.g. something like:

pipe/1/command=| vamps -E 1.1 -S 10000000000 -a 1,2,3 |
dvdauthor -t -c '%CHAPTERS%' -v mpeg2 -o %OUTPUT% -
pipe/1/format=0
pipe/1/label=shrinked DVD-Video titleset (vamps-10% & dvdauthor)
pipe/1/post=dvdauthor -o %OUTPUT% -T

For produzing a finalized shrinked DVD, or

pipe/2/command=|ffmpeg -f mpeg2video -i - -f avi -vcodec mpeg4 -b 900k -g
250 -bf 2 -s 640x360 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 80k -ar 32000 %OUTPUT%
pipe/2/format=1
pipe/2/label=MPEG-4/ASP (640x360, 900+80 kbps)
pipe/2/post=

for getting a DIVX video. With the last one and an appropriate option you
could also easily re-code size&aspect of an MPG (of course NOT selectively).