Hi,

Since this list seems pretty quiet over the last months, I wanted to
check on the status of the dvbcut project. As maintainer of the dvbcut
package in Debian and Ubuntu, I am actually quite worried about
weather it makes sense to keep the package. I see currently two big
issues: Dependency on Qt3 and necessary updates for libavcodec.

Qt3 is somewhat mitigated by a patch, which AFAIUI has still not been
merged upstream. What's the status on that?

Regarding libav, I've tried to compile dvbcut against libav 9, but the
list of compilation issues is long. I can share the incomplete patch
that I have worked on so far, but before investing more work in this,
I wanted to check with you first.

So, are there still active hackers on dvbcut around?

--
regards,
    Reinhard