Hi *,

On 11/07/12 17:26, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Since this list seems pretty quiet over the last months, I wanted to
> check on the status of the dvbcut project. As maintainer of the dvbcut
> package in Debian and Ubuntu, I am actually quite worried about
> weather it makes sense to keep the package. I see currently two big
> issues: Dependency on Qt3 and necessary updates for libavcodec.

That's the big problem with dvbcut. You can't port it to another gui or
another codec library - not even a newer version - without an
unreasonable amount of work.

> Qt3 is somewhat mitigated by a patch, which AFAIUI has still not been
> merged upstream. What's the status on that?

The problem with the Qt4 patch is that it needs to work on Windows, too.
I haven't been able to check that yet, due to lack of time and a
suitable system (my notebook, which also ran Windows, went kaput long ago).

> Regarding libav, I've tried to compile dvbcut against libav 9, but the
> list of compilation issues is long.

I can imagine. I once tried it with libav 7 (I think). Thank you, not again.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <mich...@mr511.de>