I believe a lot of state agencies have taken their lead from U.S. Government agencies like U.S. Fish and Wildlife. Empires have been build in state governments that prohibit taxpayers from fishing,hunting, camping, hiking, etc as they might damage something but mainly it would make these empire builders unemployed.

Look at the federal government agency that controls ocean fishing. Now there is a real bureaucracy.

Rod WC7N

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Permission issues

On Jun 29, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Zack Widup wrote:

What is the F&WS trying to do, anyway?  Are they trying to  deliberately
prohibit AMATEUR RADIO operations there specifically?  Why aren't they
trying to prohibit drug runners from using the island? I'm sure radio
amateurs are more conscientious of the environment than the drug runners.

Some inquiring minds want to know.

Perhaps prevent taxpayer money from funding amateur radio DXpeditions in the future?

My read on this may be all wrong, but it sure sounds like Uncle Sam funded a good part of this excursion.

Am I wrong?

-
Jeff, KE9V