It was mentioned in their original announcement of the trip to KP5.

I suspect that the hams involved aren't really able to talk much about that aspect (I could tell you but then I'd have to shoot you), although the New York Times will probably have a full report.

73 - Bob, N7XY

On Jun 29, 2006, at 6:28 PM, WC7N wrote:

--Peter that is WONDERFUL and I assume (ass u me) that you are right... I read all of the published articles and it said nothing about a JOB.

WC7N
--- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Dougherty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Jeffrey Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Permission issues

At 06:56 PM 06/29/2006, Jeffrey Davis wrote:
Perhaps prevent taxpayer money from funding amateur radio DXpeditions in the future? My read on this may be all wrong, but it sure sounds like Uncle Sam
funded a good part of this excursion.
Jeff, KE9V

Yes, your read on this is wrong. This was NOT a DXpedition. I was at Kam's presentation in Dayton and talked to him afterwards as well. Essentially, he and Dave were involved with installing certain hardware that helps Uncle Sam keep a leg up on the Bad Guys. They operated in their spare time and were working for the government helping keep us safe or acting in the nation's best interests. I have NO problem with that. More power to 'em, IMHO.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT