From: Paul M Dunphy <list...@ve1dx.net>
Sent: 10 July 2011 04:15
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] South Sudan

At 07:18 PM 7/9/2011, you wrote:

>I still have all the West /Coast DX Bulletins but couldn't find the
>reference to catching the same fish twice!
>
>73
>K1vsk

     I have them all, Don.  All ~550 original issues, given to me by
Cass when he was cleaning house ~2000-2001 or so.  I also have a copy
of the book Bernie describes.  I don't think The Old Timer, any of
the Local QRPers, or even Red-Eyed Louie and his cousin Sunspot Louie
ever directly addressed the topic of catching the same fish twice.

     We were left to ponder the meaning of DX IS!, the Eternal
Enigmas of DXing and the Mysteries of the Ages.  Cass often said, "If
you have to ask the question, you probably won't understand the
answer."  After reading his material many times, and having numerous
telephone conversations with WA6AUD, probably the closest advice I
took away from Hugh Cassidy in situations like this was to emulate
Lord Baden-Powell, the Hero of Mafeking, and "Be Prepared!"

     DX IS!  Although for some more than others.

73, Paul VE1DX