Steve,

The USA 12 Meter band limit for phone operation is 24930-24990 but many
other countries around the world are not restricted in the 12 meter band
like in the USA. Fortunately, most comply to the USA band by staying above
29930 on ssb and leave the lower portion for cw only but some don't.

The same applies to 20 meters where there are no restrictions on ssb from
14000-14350 in some counties. However, most operators, by gentlemen's
agreement, fortunately, stay above 14100!

73,

Joe, W1JR