At 09:42 AM 5/7/02 -0400, Barry wrote:
>The way DX4WIN's country file is set up, if you just download a
>new version from time to time, you will lose any customization
>(callsign exceptions) you've entered. In my case, I have lots of
>obsolete Russian calls (and some others) from the 70s entered,
>and correctly identified, that will get all screwed up if I don't
>maintain my own updates.

If the two database formats are compatible, why wouldn't it be feasible to
download the V5 database and then merge it with your existing database,
containing any customizations you've made.

As for the exception calls, I've already told Tony off-line how to handle
that, as, no doubt, have many others.  It's hard to see how it could be any
easier.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at