Hi Randy,

> >I find that the start with ¨LoTW:¨ in notes is very usefull in dx4win
> >Because with F8 looking up ¨LOTW: STATE¨ will only show up those qso´s
> where
> >
> >Both are present, same for other items.
>
> This points out the need for a filter dropdown
> choice of "Not blank" in the State, Grid and Zone
> (and other?) fields

This is possible Randy do F8 set prefix to K jump to State field and fill in
!*
Only K qso´s without state filled in will be displayed, this can be done for
everything
The Prefix is only needed when looking up STATE and COUNTIES

Guy ON4AOI

>From the helpfile

Searching using patterns:

The text specified has to match the field exactly, but upper / lower case
differences
are ignored. By adding special characters to the search field, the search
results can
be modified. The following characters have a special meaning :

! = Reverse the result of the search outcome (should be the first character)

* =  Matches zero or more characters;

A single * indicates a match for one or more characters

? =  Matches a single character

Examples for pattern searching in a text field

Pattern
 Matches

HD
 Matches HD but not KK4HD

KK?HD
 Matches KK4HD (and also KK5HD etc)

AB*
 Begins with AB (matches ABCD but not CDAB)

*AB
 AB at the end (matches CDAB but not BCDE)

*AB*
 AB anywhere

!AB
 Does not match AB (matches CDEF but not ABCD)

!*AB
 Does not contain AB (matches BCDE but not CDAB)

*
 Has any text in it (more useful for notes, states, counties etc.

!*
 Has no text; the field is empty