Hi Dick,
I have no idea why TQSL did not automatically send the file but you can only upload a TQ8 file not an adi file to LOTW.

When I updated my TQSL program I just started the new downloaded file and it removed the earlier version, kept all my certs, and was ready to go and it did work fine here.

73

Wayne  WA1PMA