A long time ago I did a SAVE AS and changed the destination from the SAVE
folder to a thumb drive as a form of backup. I made some new QSO's and saved
and closed DX4WIN and removed the thumb drive. Next time I opened DX4WIN it
told me it couldn't find my DXL file as it expected to find the thumb drive.
I opened the SAVE window/folder and selected the DXL file found there. When
DX4WIN opened I noticed my most recent QSO's were missing. Then I realized
they had been saved in the thumb drive the last time I closed DX4WIN. I
copied the more recent DXL file in the thumb drive to the SAVE file/folder
and overwrote the older DXL. When I reopened DX4WIN all was FB. So if you
save your log DXL file somewhere else other than the SAVE folder as a means
of backup you may be creating a problem next time you open DX4WIN.

>From that lesson I now do the following when I want to copy/save my DXL file
in another place for example a thumb drive.
I go to FILE and select SAVE AS (not SAVE). This opens the SAVE AS window. I
find my DXL file (or any other I want to copy/backup).
I right click the DXL file and on the drop down menu select SEND TO>. I can
then select any other drive, etc, to send the file to, in my case mostly a
thumb drive.

As another means of safely back up I use my PC SD slot. I leave a SD card in
the PC SD slot all the time except when I might transfer photos from my
camera. I went to FILE/PREFERENCE/QSO. In that window there is a small
window SECONDARY BACK UP DEVICE. In that little window I put the location of
my SD card, in my case it is named drive G:
So now my back up info is stored on the SD card.

Just wondering if anyone finds any fault in using a SD card in this manner.
My PC SD slot is not used 99 per cent of the time. Why not put my DX4WIN
back up files on it?

73 & HNY
Alan K7ACZ