On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Alan Zack wrote:

> When I do a BACKUP (ALT+B) I don't know where my stuff goes. I should know,
> but I don't

DX4WIN has a background update feature.  You can read about it in
Help.  When you make a change to your log, a countdown timer starts.
You can see the effects of this timer by observing the word Modified
in RED in the main DX4WIN window (not the logging window).  When this
timer counts down to zero, your log is written to a temporary backup
file, and the message changes from RED to BLACK, indicating that a
backup has been written.

Backup (ALT-B) immediately resets the countdown timer to zero and
writes the file.  It does NOT save your log like ALT-S does.  It
simply bypasses the countdown timer.

For more on backup files, see the "Data Protection" application note
on http://dx4win.ad1c.us/

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us