From: Ernie Walls [mailto:vk...@wallsy.com.au]
Sent: 23 October 2017 15:41
To: Ian Fugler
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] Callsign lookups.

Hello Ian - you were the first with the answer and how very simple it turned
out to be. I am sure that I never had to use 'ALT' in 8.05 but just F3!

I gave up using DX4Win as my main logger some time ago because I got
frustrated with its deficiencies, although I kept v8.05 current, in parallel
with DXKeeper (probably because, being retired, I could) and when I saw the
upgrade available thought I would invest the few dollars and see what
difference it made.

There are a very large number of 'corrections' necessary if I want to get
things back to a pristine condition in DX4Win - some things like correcting
the mode are very easy but other things, like correcting the report boxes,
will take many hours of patient work, but I will give it a try and see what
becomes of it all. DXKeeper does all the data collection (mode and report,
for instance) perfectly but, to a computer battler as I am, it is dreadfully
complicated and, for me, my major complaint is that it does many more things
that I do not want than things I need and do want!

Ian, thanks again, stay happy, healthy and safe and 73 from VK3.

Ernie Walls VK3FM
vk...@wallsy.com.au
Mobile 0418 301 483