Hi John,
If you want to export specifically in order to submit your QSOs to LOTW
then you will want to use the LOTW | Submit to LOTW pull down menu.  Using
this assumes you will only submit those QSO that have the LOTW Upload flag
set to Y.  Using this method will ensure that if you add QSOs to the log,
then only your added QSOs will be exported to go to LOTW.  And, again, the
criteria for selection are those QSOs that have the LOTW Upload field
marked as Y.  There is a setting in Preferences so that all new QSOs will
automatically be marked with a Y for LOTW upload, so you don't have to mark
them manually.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

73
Jerry, N9AW