Everything worked smoothly with W7.   The problem started with a new W10 computer which very quickly updated itself to W11 without any input from me, so I am not absolutely sure whether the problem existed in W10 as well as it being a problem now with W11.  It is a minor nuisance rather than a serious problem.

When I start DX4Win I get a box come up "ie-Open device already open"   I click OK  then a second box comes up "Radio error number 1 Press help for details"   The help advises that the serial port is i use and to select  a different port or use another device. If I just close the second box DX4Win then starts normally.

I use Win4Yaesu  and Com-0-Com for rig control and virtual port sharing to enable me to use both DX4Win and WSJT-X (or JTDX)

Any suggestions on a) how to cure this annoyance or b) what further digging I can do to find the cause to help identify a cure?

73,

Dave  G3UEG