I have found a program called "everything" (Freeware from
https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/) extremely handy in tracking files down.
It searches all your drives (hard or SSD) for a file name or wildcarded name
you specify (Ex: *.DXQ) and then displays a list.  You can sort by any column
displayed by clicking the column heading.  I often sort by the "Date Modified"
column so most recently modified files will show first.  That's usually when I
find the file created some place I wasn't expecting.  It also supports MANY
languages.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the product other than being a pleased
user.

73,
Lee  N7NU