I'm trying to hook up a Yaesu FT-857D to a new Windows 11 laptop.  (Haven't
used the Yaesu before.)  I'm using the Yaesu CT-62 CAT cable to an Edgeport
USB to RS232 unit and into a USB port on the computer.  COM 5 is the
appropriate port, and the Radio type is "Yaesu FT-857 modified by G4IRN."
I can get DX4WIN 8.05 to correctly show the frequency on the band map, move
the frequency when I rotate the radio dial and jump to spots when I click on
them in the band map.

But I can't get it to send CW via the computer.  I have COM 5 selected in
the CW setup tab, the Device type is DX4WIN, DTR is CW keying and RTS is
None.  If I key the radio with a straight key it works fine, but the
computer does nothing.

I also have the same situation with N1MM Logger+.  I can get the frequency
data to work, but can't key the radio with the computer.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Tnx es 73, Joe, K1JB