Jay W. replied:
> there is not currently a generic email transaction notification
> option for e-gold account holders.

Um... ok, thanks.  Wouldn't it make sense to add one?  :-)

It would seem incredibly beneficial to both parties to confirm each
transaction, and appropriate use of the Memo field means that,
theoretically, no other email conversation needs to occur.

Yes, there are privacy concerns, such as whether or not the
parties' email addresses are revealed to the other, although
this could all be configurable in such a fashion that people
who  *want*  to communicate this, can do so.

> also you could certainly make your own cgi at STATUS_URL do
> any kind of email sending you'd like.

But I don't necessary  *have*  the other party's email address. :-)

As a matter of fact, the whole privacy/anonymity thing can work
*better* if e-gold handles the email alerts; right now, there's no
easy way for one party to alert the other that they made a spend.

-- David Beroff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Founder/CEO, LeadFactory.com
P.O. Box 234, Jenkintown, PA 19046-0234 (USA)   http://LeadFactory.com
Voice: +1 (215) 576-6800   Fax: +1 (215) 576-6853   ICQ: 3652887
Toll-free: 1.800.668.3163   Home page: http://David.Beroff.com