(Sorry; I had somehow missed this one last week.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said,
> That would be a LOT of email!

If you are lucky enough to have a lot of volume, yes.

In some cases (such as our own), that's preferable;
we simply auto-filter the emails as they come in, and
that builds the same offline audit trail that we have with
other transactional parties.

In other cases, you would simply configure your
preferences at the e-gold site.  I'd recommend that
the default would be to send everything unless
otherwise configured.  My hunch is that most people
will  *prefer*  the emails.  (e.g., Craig's stories.)

btw, all of this discussion on ClickTwoCents and FastSCI
remind me of a rather obvious fourth case in the earlier
thread of, "When would you want to enter into an e-gold
transaction without knowing your counterparty?"  It's
clear that there's a need for donations and other voluntary
payments for ideas and the like.  Further, in some of these
cases, the comments field often proves more important
than the actual value spent.

So, it's now been a week since Jay W. said, "it's not terribly
hard to make software send an an email message. :)"
Is this available yet? :-)

-- David Beroff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Founder/CEO, LeadFactory.com
P.O. Box 234, Jenkintown, PA 19046-0234 (USA)   http://LeadFactory.com
Voice: +1 (215) 576-6800   Fax: +1 (215) 576-6853   ICQ: 3652887
Toll-free: 1.800.668.3163   Home page: http://David.Beroff.com