Dear Matt & Mike,

Thanks for your replies.  I'm especially amused by Mike's
reply to the evil RJ, who continues to demonstrate that he
is in favor of any Nazi ear-tagging nonsense as long as it
is done in the name of terrorism prevention and by the
government he claims as his own.

As Matt points out, the Useless Postal Disservice now offers
worse service than hand delivery would accomplish.  And at
an ever greater price.  So, if you want a payment to get
through the mail on time, you have to remove it from the
mail and send it by a private (competent) courier service.

Does slowing the mail from Houston to Austin by three weeks
actually do anything to prevent terrorism?  No, it does not.
It does, however, increase the cost of US aggression in
other countries.

As the Nazi agency now being organized gears up to open
every piece of mail, sort through everyone's credit card
data, listen to every phone call, and kick in the doors
of people like me to haul us away to "you don't know where
for you wouldn't know how long," we have much to look
forward to:

1. The economic cost of everything will increase.
2. The deterrent effectiveness of Homeland Security will
   decrease from its already pitiful levels.
3. A distributed threat that would best be met by a
   distributed response, i.e., by individuals everywhere
   armed in their own defense will, instead, be met by a
   centralized response, and individual arms will be
   collected in the name of collectivization and
   "terrorism response."
4. Earnings by American companies will continue to dwindle.
5. The economy will go further down the drain.
6. The government will raise more tax dollars.
7. You will get less for your money.
8. Significant reversals of fortune will be widespread.

Calling it "Homeland Security" doesn't make it right to
ignore the USA constitution.  If the response to terror
attacks is to complete the elimination of individual
liberty guaranteed by the constitution, then the government
is doing more harm than the terrorists.  More people will
die as a result of badly applied "Homeland Security" thinking
than died on 11 September in New York.

Which is exactly what the American people seem to have asked
for, if we are to take seriously the supposition that the
apes in Congress actually represent the people.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.ezez.com/free/freejim.html